REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The front wheel sensor should not be disassembled; if the sensor is found to be defective, the sensor should be replaced with a new one.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Apply the parking brake, block the rear wheels, then raise and safely support the front of the vehicle on jackstands.
- Detach the wiring harness connector from the sensor.
- Remove the wheel speed sensor retaining bolt, then pull the sensor out of the steering knuckle.
- Inspect the sensor for damage, especially that the sensor tooth is free of metal particles.
- Install the sensor into the steering knuckle, then install and tighten the retaining bolt to 88 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Reattach the wiring harness connector to the sensor.
- Lower the vehicle, and connect the negative battery cable.