See Figure 1
It will be necessary to use a Digital Volt-Ohmmeter (DVOM), set on the voltmeter function, for this procedure.
- Remove the G sensor from the vehicle.
- Inspect the G sensor bracket for bends.
Connect the positive lead of a 12 volt DC battery to G sensor terminal A, and the negative lead to G sensor terminal C, then measure the voltage between sensor terminals B (positive DVOM lead) and C (negative DVOM lead) under the following circumstances:
Positioned horizontally-teh voltage should be 2-3 volts
If the voltage was not as specified, replace the G sensor with a new one.
- Install the G sensor.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 2
- Turn the ignition switch OFF .
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the rear center console from the inside of the vehicle.
Only loosen bolt (B) in the following step-do not remove it.
- Remove parking brake lever bolts (A) and the G sensor with the bracket from the vehicle floor.
- Separate the wiring harness connector from the G sensor.
- Attach the wiring harness connector to the G sensor.
- Install the parking brake lever bolts (A) and the G sensor with the bracket.
- Install the rear center console.
- Connect the negative battery cable.