REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The brake light switch is mounted on the brake pedal brace, beneath the instrument panel.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- From beneath the instrument panel, detach the wiring harness connector from the brake (stop) light switch.
- Using an open end wrench, loosen the locknut, then remove the switch from the mounting bracket.
- Position the switch in the mounting bracket.
Pull the brake pedal toward you and, while holding it in this position, adjust the switch position so that the clearance between the end of the switch threads and the brake pedal return cushion is as follows:
Samurai models-0.02-0.04 in. (0.5-1.0mm)
- Tighten the switch locknut to 88-133 inch lbs. (10-15 Nm).
- Reattach the wiring harness connector to the switch.
- Connect the negative battery cable.