IGNITION SPARK TEST
See Figures 1 and 2
- Detach the fuel injector wiring harness connector.
Perform the following steps for each of the four ignition coil/spark plugs, one at a time:
- Remove the ignition coil and spark plug.
- Attach the ignition coil connector to the ignition coil, then insert the end of the spark plug into the ignition coil.
- Ground the spark plug electrode against a metal part of the engine, as shown in the accompanying illustration.
- While observing the spark plug electrodes, have an assistant crank the engine for 3-5 seconds with the ignition key. A strong blue-white spark should be observed between the spark plug electrodes. If no spark is observed, ensure that the plug is adequately grounded on a metal engine component. If no spark, or a weak yellowish spark is evident, inspect the spark plug, ignition coil and igniter for malfunctions.
- Install the spark plug and ignition coil.
- Repeat substeps 2a through 2d for each of the spark plugs.