REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 4
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system.
- If your vehicle is equipped with an automatic transmission, position a small catch pan under the transmission cooler line fittings at the radiator, then disconnect the cooler lines from the radiator. Be sure to plug the cooler lines so that no contaminants, which can lead to transmission failure or accelerated wear, enter the system.
- Remove the cooling fan and radiator shroud.
- Detach any cooling system hoses not yet disconnected from the radiator.
- Remove the radiator retaining bolts, then lift the radiator up and out of the engine compartment.
- Set the radiator in position, making sure that the bottom studs are properly positioned in the rubber isolating grommets, then install the mounting bolts. Tighten the bolts until secure.
- Reattach the cooling system hoses to the radiator.
- Install the cooling fan and radiator shroud.
- Fill the cooling system; refer to General Information & Maintenance .
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and inspect for coolant leaks.