REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
This is a general procedure; certain steps may need alteration for your particular vehicle.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unclip the front side marker light from the fender, then disengage the lamp socket from the side marker light housing. Remove the housing from the vehicle.
- Loosen the inner wheelhousing retaining screws, then remove the wheelhousing from the fender.
- Remove the retaining fasteners from the front trim cover on the rocker panel, then separate the trim cover from the vehicle. This may be necessary to gain access to the front fender lower mounting bolts.
- Remove the front fender lower mounting bolts. It may be necessary to open the door for proper access to these bolts.
- Loosen the bolts from the fender upper extension panel, and any screws from the front of the fender.
- Remove the upper fender mounting bolts from along the top of the front fender.
- Lift the fender up and off of the vehicle.
- Position the front fender on the vehicle.
All fender mounting bolts should be tightened to 177 inch lbs. (20 Nm).
- Install the upper fender mounting bolts along the top of the front fender.
- Install the fender front bolts and the fender upper extension panel bolts.
- If necessary, close the front door.
- Install the fender lower mounting bolts.
- Align the front fender with the vehicle panels so that the gap between the two is uniform, then tighten the fender mounting bolts securely.
- If equipped, install the rocker panel trim piece.
- Position the wheelhousing up inside the front fender, then install the wheelhousing-to-fender fasteners.
- Insert the side marker light socket into the lamp assembly, then affix the lamp assembly onto the front fender.
- Connect the negative battery cable.