REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
This is a general procedure; certain steps may need alteration for your particular vehicle.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Roll the door window down.
- Using a plastic or wooden prytool, gently pry the inner mirror trim panel off of the door.
- While supporting the mirror with one hand, loosen the mirror-to-door mounting bolts or nuts with your other hand.
- If equipped with power mirrors. disengage the wiring harness connector from the mirror.
- Separate the mirror from the outside of the door, then, if equipped, remove the outer mirror trim panel from the mirror. Remove the mirror gasket and inspect it for brittleness and/or cracking; replace the gasket with a new one, if any such damage is found.
- Thoroughly clean the portion of the door which is normally covered by the mirror base.
- Install the gasket onto the mirror, then install the outer mirror trim panel.
- If necessary, reattach the wiring harness connectors to the mirror assembly.
- Position the mirror on the outside of the door.
- Install the three mirror-to-door mounting bolts securely, then position the inner trim panel in place. Press the trim panel against the door until the retaining tabs are properly engaged.
- Roll the door window up.
- Connect the negative battery cable.