REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Loosen all of the front wheel lug nuts 1 / 2 turn.
- Apply the parking brake, block the rear wheels, then raise and safely support the front of the vehicle on jackstands, allowing the front suspension to hang free.
- Remove the front wheel.
- Remove the stabilizer bar pivot bolt.
- Support the front axle assembly with an adjustable stand or hydraulic floor jack.
- Remove the leaf spring to spring plate mounting U-bolts.
- Remove the lower shock mounting bolt and remove the spring plate.
- Remove the shackle pin and the nut from the front of the leaf spring.
- Disconnect the leaf spring bolt at the rear of the spring and remove the leaf spring.
Removal of the leaf spring causes the axle housing to hang from the other leaf spring and the driveshaft. Be sure to support it with a jackstand or floor jack to prevent it from damaging the U-joint of the driveshaft.To install:
- Install the leaf spring and leaf spring rear bolt. Tighten the rear mounting bolt after the vehicle is lowered.
- Install the shackle pin and nut to the front of the leaf spring. Tighten the nut after the vehicle is lowered.
- Install the spring plate and U-bolts. Tighten the U-bolt nuts to 11-57 ft. lbs. (60-80 Nm).
- Connect the shock to its lower mount and install the mounting nut.
- Install the stabilizer bar pivot bolt. Tighten the stabilizer pivot bolts to 51-65 ft. lbs. (70-90 Nm).
- Remove the axle housing support, and lower the vehicle.
- After the vehicle is on the ground, tighten the rear mounting bolt and front shackle nut to the value shown in the torque chart at the end of this section.