REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Release the fuel system pressure, as described earlier in this section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
On 1.8L engines, it may be necessary (because of inaccessibility) to separate the pressure regulator from the delivery manifold before detaching the vacuum and fuel hoses from it.
- Detach the vacuum hose from the fuel pressure regulator.
- Loosen the clamp, then separate the fuel return hose from the fuel pressure regulator. Drain any residual fuel from the return hose into a small metal catch can.
- Position a clean shop rag under the fuel pressure regulator to absorb any residual fuel leakage during removal. Loosen the mounting bolts, then remove the fuel pressure regulator and fuel pipe from the fuel delivery manifold.
- Remove and discard the old fuel pressure regulator O-ring.
- Apply a thin coat of gasoline to a new O-ring, then install the new O-ring onto the fuel pressure regulator.
For 1.8L engines, it may be necessary to reconnect the fuel and vacuum hoses to the pressure regulator prior to installing the regulator on the delivery manifold.
- Install the fuel pressure regulator and pipe onto the delivery manifold. Tighten the fuel pressure regulator mounting bolts to 71-106 inch lbs. (8-12 Nm).
- Reattach the fuel return hose to the fuel pressure regulator, and tighten the clamp securely.
- Reconnect the vacuum hose to the pressure regulator, then connect the negative battery cable.
- Turn the ignition switch ON , without starting the engine. Inspect the fuel delivery manifold, the pressure regulator and the return fuel hose for gasoline leaks.