REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
Only the 1.6L MFI engine utilizes a fuel pulsation damper.
- Release the fuel system pressure, as described earlier in this section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Loosen the fuel supply hose mounting clamp bolt.
- Position a clean shop rag under the fuel pulsation damper to absorb any residual fuel leakage during removal. Using a back-up wrench, loosen the fuel pulsation damper, then remove it from the fuel delivery manifold.
- Remove and discard the old fuel pulsation damper gaskets.
- Apply a thin coat of engine oil to the new gaskets, then install the new gaskets onto the fuel pulsation damper.
- Install the fuel pulsation damper in the delivery manifold. Using a back-up wrench, tighten the fuel pulsation damper to 19-25 ft. lbs. (25-35 Nm).
- Reattach the fuel supply hose to the fuel pressure regulator, and tighten the clamp securely.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Turn the ignition switch ON , without starting the engine. Inspect the fuel delivery manifold, the pulsation damper and the supply hose for gasoline leaks.