REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disonnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the engine cooling system in a large, clean catch pan. The coolant can be reused, if it is clean and less than 2 years old.
- Remove the throttle cover, then detach the accelerator cable and, if equipped, the automatic transmission throttle cable from the throttle body.
- Remove the air intake pipe and hose.
- Detach all wiring harness connectors from the throttle body.
- Disconnect all vacuum and engine cooling system hoses from the throttle body.
- Loosen the throttle body retaining nuts and bolts, then slide the throttle body off of the intake manifold.
- Clean the throttle body-to-intake manifold gasket surfaces thoroughly.
- Install a new throttle body gasket on the intake manifold.
- Install the throttle body on the intake manifold. Tighten the retaining nuts and bolts to 159-248 inch lbs. (18-28 Nm).
- Reattach the engine cooling and vacuum hoses to the throttle body.
- Attach the wiring harness connectors to the throttle body components.
- Install the air intake pipe and hose.
- Connect the accelerator and automatic transmission (if equipped) throttle cables to the throttle body. Adjust cable play. Accelerator cable adjustment is covered earlier in this section; automatic transmission throttle cable adjustment is described in Section 7.
- Refill the engine cooling system.
- Connect the negative battery cable, then start the engine and check for coolant leaks.