REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Sidekick, Tracker, Sidekick Sport and X-90 Models
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Loosen all of the rear wheel lug nuts 1 / 2 turn.
- Block the rear wheels, then raise and safely support the rear of the vehicle on jackstands.
- Remove the rear wheels.
- Support the rear axle housing with a hydraulic floor jack.
- Remove the shock absorber lower mounting nut and bolt. Remove the bolts and nuts from both shock absorbers.
- Disconnect the parking brake cables from the hangers on the trailing arms.
- Lower the rear axle housing so the coil spring can be removed.
- Remove the coil spring from the vehicle.
- Install the coil spring to the spring seat and raise the axle housing. Make sure the spring is seated correctly.
- Install the lower shock absorber mounting bolts and nuts but do not tighten.
- Connect the parking brake cable hangers and install the rear wheels.
- Lower the vehicle and tighten the lower shock absorber nuts to the value shown in the torque chart at the end of this section.
- Remove the wheel blocks.