See Figures 1 and 2
- Label and detach the oil pressure switch wire.
- Using an ohmmeter, measure the resistance between the switch terminal and the engine block. With the engine not running, there should continuity. When the engine is running, there should be no continuity (infinite resistance).
- If the switch does not function as indicated, replace it with a new one.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 3
The oil pressure switch is threaded into the cylinder block above the oil filter.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Label and detach the wire from the switch.
- Remove the sender with an open end wrench.
- Clean the sender threads, then install the sender by hand and tighten it until secure.
- Reattach the sender wire.
- Connect the negative battery cable.