REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the steering wheel, as described earlier in this section.
- On 1996-98 models, remove the hole cover and knee bolster panel.
- Remove the upper and lower column cover screws and remove the covers.
- Disconnect the lead wires from the combination switch at the connector.
- Remove the combination switch assembly screws.
- Remove the combination switch from the steering column.
- Install the combination switch to the steering column, then install the assembly screws.
- Reconnect the lead wires at the connector to the combination switch.
- Install the lower and upper column covers, and reinstall the steering wheel. Tighten the shaft nut to 19-28 ft. lbs. (26-38 Nm).
- On 1996-98 models, install the knee bolster and hole cover.
- Install the horn button, and connect the negative battery cable.
- Check the switch for proper operation.
- Enable the air bag system.