REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 5
- Relieve fuel system pressure, as described earlier in this section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Position a clean shop rag beneath the fuel pressure regulator to soak up any residual fuel.
- Detach the fuel return and vacuum hoses from the fuel pressure regulator.
- Loosen the fuel pressure regulator retaining bolts, then pull the regulator off of the throttle body housing.
- If the original pressure regulator is to be reinstalled, remove and discard the old pressure regulator O-ring.
- Install a new O-ring onto the fuel pressure regulator, then apply a thin coat of gasoline on the O-ring.
- Install the pressure regulator on the throttle body. Tighten the retaining bolts to 31 inch lbs. (3.5 Nm).
- Reconnect the fuel return and vacuum hoses to the fuel pressure regulator. Tighten the return hose clamp securely.
- Remove the shop rag, then connect the negative battery cable.
- Turn the ignition switch ON , and inspect the fuel return hose and pressure regulator for fuel leaks.