Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain engine coolant and disconnect inlet hose from radiator.
- Remove power steering pump belt or A/C compressor belt, if equipped.
- Remove radiator cooling fan, water pump pulley, water pump drive belt and fan shroud.
- Remove crankshaft pulley by removing 5 pulley bolts.
- Remove timing belt front cover.
- Install timing belt outside cover, make sure that seal is between water pump and oil pump case.
- Tighten outside front cover bolts to 8 ft. lbs. (11 Nm).
- Install crankshaft pulley.
- Fit hole of pulley to pin on crankshaft timing belt pulley, and tighten pulley bolts to 11 ft. lbs. (16 Nm).
- Install radiator fan shroud, water pump pulley, cooling fan and water pump drive belt.
- Adjust water pump drive belt tension.
- Install power steering pump belt or A/C compressor belt, if equipped.
- Adjust belt tension.
- Connect radiator inlet hose to radiator.
- Refill cooling system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Verify that there is no coolant leakage at hose connection.