Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Raise vehicle and remove front wheel.
Remove caliper assembly by loosening caliper carrier bolts.
NOTEHang removed caliper with a wire hook or the like so as to prevent brake hose from bending and twisting excessively or being pulled.
Remove front brake rotor by using (8mm) bolts.
- Install front brake rotor to wheel hub.
- Install caliper assembly to steering knuckle.
- Tighten caliper mounting bolts for Vitara: 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Tighten caliper mounting bolts for Grand Vitara: 10mm bolt to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm) and 12mm bolt to 62 ft. lbs. (84 Nm).
- Tighten caliper mounting bolts for 2006 Grand Vitara to 73 ft. lbs. (100 Nm).
- Install front wheel and lower vehicle.