Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Raise vehicle and remove wheels.
- Remove suspension control arm.
- Remove right side and left side front halfshafts.
- Remove control links. When loosening joint nut, hold stud with hexagon wrench.
- Disconnect steering lower shaft from pinion shaft.
- Detach low pressure return hose from low pressure return pipe and then disconnect pipe bracket.
- Remove gear box union bolt.
- Remove front propeller shaft (if equipped).
- Fix radiator to body with rope to avoid the radiator from falling when front suspension frame is lowered.
- Remove hood.
- Support engine assemble by using chain hoist or engine support system.
- Support suspension frame at the specified positions.
- Remove engine front body side mounting nuts.
- Remove suspension frame mounting bolts, and then lower suspension frame with stabilizer bar, P/S gear box assembly and front differential assembly (if equipped).
- Remove P/S gear box assembly and front differential assembly (if equipped).
Remove stabilizer bar and bushing from suspension frame.
- When installing stabilizer, loosely assemble all components while insuring that stabilizer is centered, side-to-side.
- Install stabilizer bar, stabilizer bushing and stabilizer mounting bracket to suspension frame.
Install the stabilizer bar whose mark (5) is to front.
- Tighten stabilizer bar mounting bracket bolts to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
- Install P/S gear box assembly and front differential assembly (if equipped).
- Install suspension frame.
- Tighten suspension frame mounting bolts to 98 ft. lbs. (135 Nm). and engine front body side mounting nuts to 40 ft. lbs. (55 Nm).
- Remove chain hoist or engine support system from engine.
- Install hood.
- Install front propeller shaft (if equipped).
- Tighten pipe bracket bolts to 8 ft. lbs. (11 Nm) and then insert low pressure return hose to low pressure return pipe.
- Tighten union gear box bolt to 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm).
- Connect steering lower shaft from pinion shaft.
- Install control link and tighten nuts to 44 ft. lbs. (60 Nm).
- Install right and left front halfshaft assembly (if equipped).
- Install suspension control arm
- Install engine under cover.
- Install wheels and lower vehicle.
- After installation, be sure to fill specified power steering fluid and bleed system.