Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Raise vehicle and remove rear wheels.
- Support lower arm with jack.
Remove parking cable hanger bolt.
- Put match marks on control rod washer and on suspension frame to install the bolts correctly in position.
- Remove control rod inner bolt and control rod outer bolt and then control rod.
- Install control rod.
- Install control rod to rear suspension frame.
- Insert control rod inner bolt from the vehicle frontward.
- Install control rod washer with its graduated part facing up.
- Insert control rod outer bolt.
The marks on control rod washer and rear suspension frame marked before its removal must be aligned and, tighten bolt and nut temporarily by hand.
- Tighten parking cable hanger bolt to 8 ft. lbs. (10 Nm).
- Lower jack and remove floor jack from lower arm.
- Install rear wheels and lower vehicle.
- Tighten control rod mount nut and control rod outer bolt to 98 ft. lbs. (135 Nm). with vehicle weight on suspension.
- Check rear toe and camber adjust it as necessary.