Rear bearing is not adjustable.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Raise vehicle and remove rear wheels.
- Un caulk rear axle nut.
- Pull up parking brake lever fully and remove rear axle nut.
- Remove rear break shoe
- Disconnect brake line from wheel cylinder and put wheel cylinder bleeder plug cap onto line to prevent fluid from spilling.
- Loosen parking cable cap nut.
Removal rear wheel hub housing bolts and then remove rear wheel hub assembly and back plate.
- Install rear wheel assembly and back plate to rear suspension knuckle and tighten rear wheel hub housing bolts to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
- Tighten parking cable cap nut to 8 ft. lbs. (11 Nm).
- Connect brake line to wheel cylinder and tighten brake line flare nut to 12 ft. lbs. (16 Nm). and install bleeder plug cap taken off line back to bleeder plug.
- Install rear break shoe.
- Pull up parking brake lever fully and tighten new rear axle nut to 145 ft. lbs. (200 Nm).
- Caulk rear axle nut.
- Fill reservoir with brake fluid and bleed brake system.
- Upon completion of all jobs, depress brake pedal with about 66 ft. lbs.(30 kg). load three to five times so as to obtain proper drum-to-shoe clearance. Adjust parking brake cable.
- Install rear wheels.
- Check to ensure that brake drum is free from dragging and proper braking is obtained.
- Check brake line and bleeder for any fluid leaks.