Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the battery cables and remove the battery and battery tray from the vehicle.
- Remove the connector retaining bolt and detach the electrical connector from the control module.
- Label and remove the two tubes from the inlet ports and the four tubes from the outlet ports of the HCU. Plug each port to prevent contamination.
- Remove the pump motor ground retaining screw and remove the ground wire from the body.
- Remove the three control assembly-to-bracket retaining bolts and remove the control assembly from the vehicle.
- Remove the five control module-to-HCU retaining screws and separate the control module from the HCU.
- Position the control module to the HCU and tighten the five retaining bolts.
- Install the control assembly into the bracket and tighten the three retaining bolts to 20-25 ft. lbs. (26-34 Nm).
- Position the pump motor ground strap and tighten the retaining screw.
- Install the inlet and outlet tubes to the HCU and tighten the tube nuts to 11-17 ft. lbs. (14-24 Nm).
- Attach the electrical connector to the control module and tighten the connector retaining bolt.
- Install the battery tray, battery and connect the battery cables.
- Bleed the brakes using the anti-lock brake bleeding procedure.