On 3.0L OHV engines, the oil pressure sensor is located on the left side of the engine block above the flywheel. On 3.0L DOHC engines the sensor is located on the left side of the engine block above the oil filter.
Removal & Installation
- Locate the oil pressure sensor on the engine.
- Disconnect the sensor electrical harness.
- Unfasten and remove the sensor from the engine.
- Coat the new sensor with Teflon® tape or electrically conductive sealer.
- Install the sensor and tighten to 12-16 ft. lbs. (16-22 Nm) on 3.0L OHV engines, 9-12 ft. lbs. (12-16 Nm) on 3.0L DOHC engines.
- Attach the sensor-s electrical connector.
- Start the engine, allow it to reach operating temperature and check for leaks.
Check for proper sensor operation.
- Test and verify the engine oil pressure. If no or insufficient pressure exists, oil pressure problem exists and gauge and sensor are operational, repair oil pressure problem.
- Start the engine and observe the oil pressure warning lamp.
- If the lamp stays on continuously, turn the engine off, then turn the ignition key to the run position.
- Unplug the sensor electrical harness and observe the oil pressure warning lamp. If the lamp does not illuminate, the sensor is defective and should be replaced.