Removal & Installation
Observe all applicable safety precautions when working around fuel. Whenever servicing the fuel system, always work in a well ventilated area. Do not allow fuel spray or vapors to come in contact with a spark or open flame. Keep a dry chemical fire extinguisher near the work area. Always keep fuel in a container specifically designed for fuel storage; also, always properly seal fuel containers to avoid the possibility of fire or explosion.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Remove the air cleaner outlet tube(s).
- Remove any necessary components to access the pressure regulator.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose from the pressure regulator.
- Remove the pressure regulator attaching screws.
Remove the pressure regulator from the fuel rail.
- Discard the O-rings on the pressure regulator and replace them with new ones.
- Lubricate the O-rings with clean engine oil.
- Install the regulator into the fuel rail and tighten the retaining screws.
- Connect the vacuum hose to the regulator.
- Install any components removed to access the regulator.
- Install the air cleaner outlet tube(s).
- Connect the negative battery cable.