The blower motor is located under the dashboard on the far right side of the car. It is accessible from under the dashboard without removing the dash assembly.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. On vehicles equipped with an air bag, wait at least 90 seconds before proceeding.
- Remove the three screws attaching the retainer.
- Remove the glove box assembly.
- Remove the air duct between the heater case and blower assembly.
- Disconnect the blower motor wire connector at the motor case.
- Disconnect the air source selector control cable at the blower assembly.
- Loosen the two nuts and the bolt attaching the blower assembly, then remove the blower.
- With the blower removed, check the case for any debris or signs of fan contact. Inspect the fan for wear spots, cracked blades or hub, loose retaining nut or poor alignment.
- Place the blower in position, making sure it is properly aligned within the case. Install the two bolts and the nut and tighten them.
- Connect the selector control cable at the blower assembly.
- Connect the wire harness to the motor and install the ductwork between the heater case and the blower assembly.
Install the glove box assembly and install the retainer with its three screws. Reconnect battery and check operation of blower motor for all speeds and heater A/C system for proper operation.