Removal & Installation
The engine control module is located behind the glove box.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. On vehicles equipped with an air bag, wait at least 90 seconds before proceeding.
- Remove the screws and bolts to the glove compartment and then remove the glove compartment. The ECM is located behind the glove compartment.
- Disconnect the ECM wire harness.
- Remove the ECM securing bolt and nut.
- Remove the ECM.
- Position the ECM in place and secure it with the bolt and nut.
- Connect the ECM wiring harness.
- Install the glove compartment or center console assembly.
- Connect the negative battery cable to the battery.