Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the radio.
- Remove the lower left dashboard trim and kick panel.
- Attach a long piece of mechanic's wire or heavy string to the end of the antenna wire. This will track up through the pillar as you remove the old antenna and be available to pull the new line into place.
- Remove the attaching screws at the antenna mast. remove the antenna and carefully pull the cable up the pillar. Have an assistant insure the end inside the car does not snag or pull other wires.
- Remove the mechanic's wire or string from the old cable, then attach it to the new cable. Make sure it is tied so that the plug will stay straight during installation.
- With an assistant, feed the new cable into the pillar while pulling gently on the guide wire or string. Route the antenna cable properly under the dash, making sure it will not snag on the steering column or pedal linkages. Route the cable high enough that there is no chance of it hanging around the driver's feet. Use tape or cable ties to secure it.
- Install the attaching screws holding the mast to the pillar. Make sure the screws are properly threaded and that both the screws and their holes are free of dirt or corrosion. A poor connection at these screws can affect antenna and radio performance.
- Remove the guide line from the antenna cable. Install the radio, then check for proper operation.
- Install the lower left dashboard trim and the left side kick panel.