Removal & Installation
- Loosen the wheel lugs slightly, then raise and safely support the car.
- Remove the wheel(s) and temporarily attach the rotor disc with two of the wheel nuts.
- Remove the bolts holding the caliper to the torque plate.
Remove the caliper from the torque plate and hang the caliper from a piece of wire.
WARNINGDo not allow the caliper to hang freely from the vehicle. Always support the caliper with a wire from the vehicle.
- Unbolt and remove the torque plate.
- Remove the two wheel nuts and pull the disc from the axle hub.
- Position the new rotor disc onto the axle hub and reinstall the two wheel nuts temporarily.
- Install the torque plate. Make sure the brake pads are seated correctly within the torque plate.
- Install the caliper to the torque plate.
Remove the wheel nuts and install the wheels. Secure the wheel lugs.
WARNINGBefore moving the vehicle, make sure to pump the brake pedal with short strokes to seat the pads against the rotors, otherwise the vehicle may have no braking.