Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. On vehicles equipped with an air bag, wait at least 90 seconds before proceeding.
- Raise and support the vehicle safely. Remove the wheels.
- If equipped with a sway bar, disconnect the sway bar from the lower control arm.
- Disconnect the lower arm from the lower ball joint by removing the bolt and 2 nuts.
- Remove the lower arm by removing the 2 rear bracket bolts and the front through-bolt.
- Install lower arm and temporarily install the 2 rear bracket bolts and one through-bolt.
- Connect the lower arm to the lower ball joint and torque the bolt and nuts to 59 ft. lbs. (80 Nm).
- If equipped with a sway bar, connect the sway bar to the lower control arm. Torque the nut to 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm).
- Install the wheels and lower the vehicle. Stabilize the suspension by bouncing the vehicle several times.
- Raise the vehicle and support the body with stands.
- Support the lower arm with a floor jack.
- Torque the front side bolt to 105 ft. lbs. (142 Nm) and the rear bolt to 94 ft. lbs. (127 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Lower the vehicle and check the front end alignment.