Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. On vehicles equipped with an air bag, wait at least 90 seconds before proceeding.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheels.
- Remove the stabilizer bar links.
- Remove the stabilizer bar brackets.
- If necessary, disconnect and remove the exhaust pipe.
- Remove the stabilizer bar from the vehicle.
- Install the stabilizer bar bushings touching the line painted on the stabilizer bar.
- Install the stabilizer bar to the vehicle. Do not tighten the bolts at this time.
- On Camry and Avalon, install the rack and pinion unit.
- Using a new gasket, install the exhaust pipe.
- Lower the vehicle to the ground and connect the negative battery cable.
- Tighten the bar brackets first, then the links to 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm).