Removal & Installation
- For vehicles with manual windows, remove the window regulator (crank) handle as follows:
- Remove the door inside handle, as follows:
Remove the side view mirror:
- For manual mirror, remove the screw and the knob.
- Use a suitable prytool covered with tape (to protect the prying surfaces), to carefully pry off the cover. Make sure to pry the cover off in the area shown in the accompanying illustration.
Remove the 3 nuts, then remove the mirror assembly. Unplug the electrical connection on power mirrors.
- If equipped with power windows, remove the armrest panel.
- Remove the armrest cover.
- Remove the door trim by prying between the retainers with a small prybar (tape the tip before use). On some models it may be necessary to remove the inner weatherstrip on the bottom of the door before removing the trim panel. remove the it by prying between the weatherstrip and the door panel.
- Carefully remove the water deflector shield from inside the door. Be careful not to rip the deflector.
- Disconnect the link rod running between the lock cylinder and the lock/latch mechanism.
- Remove the lock retaining screws, the slide the assembly out through the access hole.
Installation is the reverse of removal.