Toyota Tercel 1995-1996
- Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery. On vehicles equipped with an air bag, wait at least 90 seconds before proceeding.
- Loosen the adjusting bolt and the pivot bolt and remove the belt.
- Pinch the clamp and remove the return hose.
Remove the bolt for the pressure line and discard the gasket.
NOTETie the hose ends up high so the fluid cannot flow out of them. Drain or plug the pump to prevent fluid leakage.
- Remove the adjusting and pivot bolts from the mounting braces.
- Remove the pump from the engine.
- Install the pump and related components.
- Adjust the pump drive belt tension and tighten the mounting bolts to 32 ft. lbs. (43 Nm).
- Install the pressure line bolt with a new gasket and tighten to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm).
- Install the return hose with a new clamp.
- Fill the reservoir with fluid. Bleed the air from the system.
- Connect the negative battery cable to the battery.
- Check for fluid leaks.