Removal & Installation
- Plug the master cylinder inlet to prevent hydraulic fluid from leaking.
- Remove the brake drum.
- Remove the brake shoe tension spring.
- Working from behind the backing plate, disconnect the hydraulic line from the wheel cylinder and plug the opening.
- Unfasten the screws or the clip retaining the wheel cylinder and withdraw the cylinder.
- Insert the wheel cylinder into position and secure with clips or retaining bolts.
- Connect the brake line to the wheel cylinder.
- Tighten the retaining bolts to 7 ft. lbs. (10 Nm) and the line to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Bleed the brake system after completing wheel cylinder, brake shoe and drum installation. Adjust the brakes.