Removal & Installation
3E-E & 5E-FE Engines
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. On vehicles equipped with an air bag, wait at least 90 seconds before proceeding.
- If required, remove the transaxle cable and bracket from the transaxle.
- For vehicles with distributorless ignition, disconnect the wire harness from the intake manifold support stay.
- Remove the intake manifold support bracket.
- Disconnect the connector wiring from the starter.
- Remove the nut and disconnect the starter wire.
- Unbolt the two starter mounting bolts and remove the starter.
- Install the starter to the engine and torque the two bolts to 29 ft. lbs. (39 Nm).
- Install the starter wiring to the starter and torque the nut to 78 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
- Connect the starter connector to the starter.
- Install the intake support stay to the engine and torque the bolt(s) and nut(s) to 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm).
- If removed, attach the transaxle cable and bracket to the transaxle.
- If vehicle is equipped with distributorless ignition, connect the engine wire clamp to the intake manifold stay.
- Connect the negative battery cable to the battery.