Removal & Installation
For easy removal of the wiper arms, operate the wipers and turn the ignition switch
when the wiper arms are about half way on the downward sweep.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery. On vehicles equipped with an air bag, wait at least 90 seconds before proceeding.
- Remove the nuts and the wiper arms.
If necessary, remove the cowl louver.
- Disconnect the electrical connector to the wiper motor.
- Remove the bolts to the wiper motor.
- Disconnect the wiper link.
- Install the wiper motor to the vehicle. Connect the linkage and secure the motor with the bolts.
- Connect the wiper motor wire harness.
- Check wiper motor operation and then install the cowl louver.
- Install the screws and caps to the cowl louver.
- Install the wiper arms and then install the nuts to the wiper arms.
- Install the wiper arm caps.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable and operate the wipers once.
- Turn the wiper switch OFF and install the wiper arms. Tighten the wiper arm nuts to 15-18 ft. lbs. (20-25 Nm).
- Inspect the installed height of the wiper arms. The arms should be level when in the park position.