Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the electrical connector at the switch. The locking tab on the connector must be lifted before the connector can be removed.
- Remove the hairpin retainer, slide the brake light switch, the pushrod and the nylon washers and bushings away from the pedal and remove the switch.
- Position the switch so the U-shaped side is nearest the pedal and directly over/under the pin. Then slide the switch down/up trapping the master cylinder pushrod and black bushing between the switch side plates. Push the switch and pushrod assembly firmly toward the brake pedal arm. Assemble the outside white plastic washer to the pin and install the hairpin retainer to trap the whole assembly.
- Assemble the wire harness connector to the switch. Check the switch for proper operation.