Removal & Installation
Washer Pump & Reservoir
Lincoln Town Car 1988-1994
- Disconnect the electrical connector.
- Remove the reservoir assembly from the vehicle. Disconnect the electrical connectors and plug the hose, and drain the reservoir.
- Using a small-blade screwdriver, pry out the retaining ring.
- Using pliers to grip one wall around the electrical terminals, pull out the motor, seal, and impeller assembly. Ensure the reservoir pump chamber is free of foreign material prior to reinstalling the old motor in the new reservoir.
- Before installing the assembly, lubricate the outside diameter of the seal with a dry lubricant.
- Align the small projection on the motor end cap within the slot in the reservoir and assemble it so that the seal seats against the bottom of the motor cavity.
- Using a 1-inch socket (preferably 12 point), hand press the retaining ring securely against the motor end plate.
- Connect the electrical connector and hose, replace the reservoir assembly in the vehicle.
- Fill the reservoir and operate the washer system.
Lincoln Town Car 1995-2000
- Remove the front fender apron.
- Remove the windshield washer reservoir retaining bolts and lift the assembly away from the front fender apron.
- Using a small-blade screwdriver, pry out the windshield washer pump, being careful not to damage the plastic housing. Remove the one-piece seal.
- Insert the seal.
- Lubricate he inside diameter of the seal with soapy solution and insert the windshield washer pump into the reservoir cavity until it is firmly seated in the seal.
- Connect the electrical plugs and hoses and replace the windshield washer reservoir assembly in the vehicle.
- Fill the windshield washer reservoir slowly and check for leaks. Check the washer system operation.