Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and remove the air cleaner and air outlet tube.
- Detach the 19-pin connector from the HCU to the wire harness and detach the 4-pin connector from the HCU to the pump motor relay.
- Remove the 2 lines from the inlet ports and the 4 lines from the outlet ports of the HCU. Plug each port to prevent brake fluid from spilling onto the paint and wiring.
- Remove the 3 nuts retaining the HCU assembly to the mounting bracket and remove the assembly from the vehicle.
- Position the HCU assembly into the mounting bracket. Install the 3 retaining nuts and tighten to 12-18 ft. lbs. (16-24 Nm). Make sure the ABS pump motor relay bracket is retained by the front bracket nut.
- Connect 4 lines to the outlet ports on the side of the HCU and 2 lines to the inlet ports on the rear of the HCU and tighten the fittings to 10-18 ft. lbs. (14-24 Nm).
- Attach the 19-pin connector to the harness and the 4-pin connector to the pump motor relay.
- Install the air cleaner and air outlet tube.
- Connect the battery cables, properly bleed the brake system and check for fluid leaks.