Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the electrical connector at the switch. The locking tab on the connector must be lifted before the connector can be removed.
- Remove the hairpin retainer, slide the brake light switch, the pushrod and the nylon washers and bushings away from the pedal and remove the switch.
Since the switch side plate nearest the brake pedal is slotted, it is not necessary to remove the brake master cylinder pushrod and 1 washer from the brake pedal pin.
- Position the switch so the U-shaped side is nearest the pedal and directly over/under the pin. Then slide the switch down/up trapping the master cylinder pushrod and black bushing between the switch side plates. Push the switch and pushrod assembly firmly toward the brake pedal arm. Assemble the outside white plastic washer to the pin and install the hairpin retainer to trap the whole assembly.
- Assemble the wire harness connector to the switch. Check the switch for proper operation.
The brake light switch wire harness must be long enough to travel with the switch during full pedal stroke. If wire length is insufficient, reroute the harness or service, as required.