Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the electrical connector and remove the oil pressure sender/switch.
- Apply pipe sealant to the threads of the new sender/switch.
- Install the oil pressure sender/switch and tighten to 9-11 ft. lbs. (12-16 Nm).
- Connect the electrical connector to the sender/switch and connect the negative battery cable.
- Run the engine and check for leaks and proper operation.
- Test and verify the engine oil pressure. See Section 3 for more information. If no or insufficient pressure exists, oil pressure problem exists and gauge and sensor are operational, repair oil pressure problem.
- Check the appropriate fuse before attempting any other diagnostics.
- Unplug the sensor electrical harness.
- Using an ohmmeter, check continuity between the sensor terminals.
- With the engine stopped, continuity should not exist.
- With the engine running, continuity should exist.
- If continuity does not exist as stated, the sensor is faulty.