The trunk lid can be shifted fore-and-aft by loosening the hinge-to-trunk lid retaining screws.
The trunk lid should be adjusted for an even and parallel fit with the trunk lid opening. The trunk lid should also be adjusted up and down for a flush fit with the surrounding panels. Be careful not to damage the trunk lid or surrounding body panels.Trunk Lid Latch/Striker
- Remove the scuff plate striker covering before attempting any striker adjustment.
- Loosen the 2 screw and washer assemblies and adjust the striker by moving up and down or from side-to-side as necessary.
- Tighten the screw and washer assemblies to 7-10 ft. lbs. (9-14 Nm).
Removal & Installation
- Open the trunk lid.
- Mark the position of the trunk lid relative to the trunk lid hinges.
- Protect the body with covers to prevent damage to the paint.
- With the help of an assistant, remove the 2 bolts attaching each hinge to the trunk lid, being careful not to let the trunk lid slip when the bolts are removed.
- Remove the trunk lid from the vehicle.
- With the help of an assistant, position the trunk lid on its hinges and install the attaching bolts.
- Remove the body covers.
- Adjust the trunk lid's position in the trunk lid opening.
- Adjust the trunk lid latch and/or striker, if necessary.