The combination switch incorporates the turn signal, dimmer and windshield wiper switch functions on 1990-99 vehicles. The combination switch incorporates only the turn signal and dimmer function on 1988-89 vehicles. For windshield wiper switch removal and installation on 1988 -89 vehicles, refer to the procedure in this Section.
Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- If equipped with tilt column, move to the lowest position and remove the tilt lever.
- Remove the ignition lock cylinder; refer to the procedure in this Section.
- Remove the shroud screws and remove the upper and lower shrouds.
- Remove the 2 self-tapping screws attaching the combination switch to the steering column casting and remove the switch.
- Remove the wiring harness retainer and disconnect the 2 electrical connectors.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.