4.6L & 5.0L Engines
- Disconnect the upper, lower and coolant reservoir hoses at the radiator.
- Disconnect the fluid cooler lines at the radiator, use a backup wrench to hold the radiator fitting while loosening the fluid cooler lines.
- Remove the 2 upper fan shroud retaining bolts at the radiator support, lift the fan shroud sufficiently to disengage the lower retaining clips and lay the shroud back over the fan.
- Remove the radiator upper support retaining bolts and remove the supports. Lift the radiator from the vehicle.
- If a new radiator is to be installed, transfer the petcock from the old radiator to the new one. Remove the fluid cooler line fittings from the old radiator and install them on the new one, using an oil resistant sealer.
- Position the radiator assembly into the vehicle. Install the upper supports and the retaining bolts. Connect the fluid cooler lines.
- Place the fan shroud into the clips on the lower radiator support and install the 2 upper shroud-retaining bolts. Position the shroud to maintain approximately 1 in. (25mm) clearance between the fan blades and the shroud.
- Connect the radiator hoses. Close the radiator petcock. Fill the cooling system as explained in Section 1.
- Start the engine and bring to operating temperature. Check for coolant and transmission fluid leaks.
- Check the coolant and transmission fluid levels.