Removal & Installation
Washer Pump & Reservoir
- Disconnect the electrical connector.
- Remove the reservoir assembly from the vehicle. Disconnect the electrical connectors and plug the hose, and drain the reservoir.
- Using a small-blade screwdriver, pry out the retaining ring.
- Using pliers to grip one wall around the electrical terminals, pull out the motor, seal, and impeller assembly. Ensure the reservoir pump chamber is free of foreign material prior to reinstalling the old motor in the new reservoir.
- Before installing the assembly, lubricate the outside diameter of the seal with a dry lubricant.
- Align the small projection on the motor end cap within the slot in the reservoir and assemble it so that the seal seats against the bottom of the motor cavity.
- Using a 1-inch socket (preferably 12 point), hand press the retaining ring securely against the motor end plate.
- Connect the electrical connector and hose, replace the reservoir assembly in the vehicle.
- Fill the reservoir and operate the washer system.