Chrysler Town & Country 2008-2009
Dodge Grand Caravan 2008-2009
- During the following test, the battery negative cable remains disconnected and isolated, as it was during the SRS component removal and installation procedures.
- Be certain that the diagnostic scan tool contains the latest version of the proper diagnostic software. Connect the scan tool to the 16-way Data Link Connector (DLC). The DLC is located on the driver side lower edge of the instrument panel, inboard of the steering column.
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and exit the vehicle with the scan tool.
Check to be certain that nobody is in the vehicle, then reconnect the battery negative cable. Wait 2 minutes before proceeding.
CAUTIONFailure to follow these instructions may result in possible serious or fatal injury.
- Using the scan tool, read and record the active (current) Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) data.
- Use the scan tool to read and record any stored (history) DTC data.
- If any DTC is found in Step No. 5 or Step No. 6, refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.
- Use the scan tool to erase the stored DTC data. If any problems remain, the stored DTC data will not erase. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information to diagnose any stored DTC that will not erase. If the stored DTC information is successfully erased, go to Step No. 9.
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position for about 15 seconds, and then back to the ON position. Observe the airbag indicator in the instrument cluster. It should light for 6-8 seconds, and then go out. This indicates that the SRS is functioning normally and that the repairs are complete. If the airbag indicator fails to light, or lights and stays ON, there is still an active SRS fault or malfunction. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information to diagnose the problem.