Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Perform the fuel pressure release procedure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the timing belt and camshaft sprockets. Refer to Timing Belt and Sprockets, removal & installation.
- Remove the rear timing belt cover bolts.
Remove the rear cover.
NOTEThe rear timing belt cover has O-rings to seal the water pump passages to the cylinder block . Do not reuse the O-rings.
- Clean the rear timing belt cover O-ring sealing surfaces and grooves. Lubricate the new O-rings with MOPAR® Dielectric Grease, or equivalent, to facilitate assembly.
Position a NEW O-rings on the cover.
Install the rear timing belt cover. Tighten the bolts to the following specified torque:
- M10 bolts: 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm).
- M8 bolts: 20 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- M6 bolts: 105 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- Install the camshaft sprockets and the timing belt. Refer to Timing Belt and Sprockets, removal & installation.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Tighten the nut to 40 inch lbs. (5 Nm).