Chrysler Town & Country 2008-2009
Dodge Grand Caravan 2008-2009
For OBD II emission monitor requirements, a voltage signal is sent from the resistor track on the sending unit to the PCM to indicate fuel level. The purpose of this feature is to prevent the OBD II from recording/setting false misfire and fuel system monitor trouble codes. The feature is activated if the level in the tank is less than approximately 15 percent of its rated capacity. If equipped with a leak detection pump, this feature will also be activated if the fuel level in the tank is more than about 85 percent of its rated capacity.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Measure the resistance across the sending unit terminals.
- With the float in the UP position, resistance should be 14-26 ohms.
- With the float in the DOWN position, resistance should be 214-226 ohms.
- Resistance should increase and decrease gradually as the float arm is moved. If odd resistance readings are evident at any point in the movement, replace the sending unit.