Removal & Installation
This vehicle is equipped with a Wireless Ignition Node (WIN). The WIN, along with the FOB with Integrated Key (FOBIK) are the primary components of the keyless ignition system. The only visible component of the WIN is the ignition switch located on the face of the instrument panel just to the inboard side of the steering column. The remainder of the WIN including its mounting provisions and electrical connections are concealed within the instrument panel.
In addition to replacing a conventional keyed ignition switch, the WIN is an integrated electronic receiver that serves as the base station in the vehicle. It communicates with other electronic modules in the vehicle over the Controller Area Network (CAN) data bus.
The WIN interfaces with the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE), FOBIK, and the Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) sensors (if equipped) using Radio Frequency (RF) communication, with the Sentry Key Immobilizer System (SKIS) transponder within the FOBIK using Low Frequency (LF) RF communication.
The WIN cannot be adjusted or repaired, but is flash update capable. If ineffective or damaged, the entire WIN must be replaced.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
Remove the screws (3) that secure the knee blocker cover (2) to the driver side of the instrument panel (1) and remove the cover.
- Remove the 4 bolts (3) that secure the knee blocker (2) to the instrument panel support (1).
Lift the knee blocker upwards to disengage the retaining tabs that secure the knee blocker to the support and remove the knee blocker.
- Remove the instrument bezel.
Remove the coaxial electrical cable connector (1) and the electrical connector (2) from the WIN (3).
Remove the screws (1) from the WIN (2) and remove from the instrument panel.
- Install the WIN to the instrument panel and install the screws. Tighten the screws to 22 inch lbs. (3 Nm).
- Install the electrical connector to the WIN.
- Install the coaxial electrical cable connector to the WIN.
- Install the instrument bezel.
- Install the knee blocker in reverse of removal.
- Connect the negative battery cable, tighten the nut to 45 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- Program the WIN. Refer to Programming The Wireless Ignition Node (WIN).