Never open, service, or drain the radiator or cooling system when hot; serious burns can occur from the steam and hot coolant. Avoid physical contact with the coolant. Wear protective clothing and eye protection. Always drain coolant into a sealable container. Clean up spills as soon as possible. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or is several years old.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Place a drain pan under the radiator drain. Open the radiator drain plug and allow the coolant to drain.
- Remove the Coolant Recovery System (CRS) overflow tank filler neck hose.
- Disconnect the cooling fan electrical connector located on the left side of the cooling fan module.
- Remove the CRS overflow tank mounting screw from the upper radiator crossmember.
- Remove the upper radiator-to-crossmember mounting screws.
- If equipped, disconnect the engine block heater wiring connector.
- Remove the upper radiator crossmember.
- Disconnect and plug the automatic transaxle oil cooler lines from the radiator.
- Disconnect the upper and lower radiator hoses from the radiator. Remove the lower radiator hose clip from the cooling fan module.
- Remove the A/C condenser mounting fasteners and separate the A/C condenser from the radiator. Be sure the condenser is supported in position.
- Remove the A/C filter/drier mounting bracket, 2 mounting bolts to the cooling fan module and 2 mounting nuts to the filter/drier. Remove the mounting bracket.
Carefully lift the radiator out of the engine compartment. Be careful not to damage the radiator cooling fins or water tubes during removal.
- Be sure the air seals are properly positioned before installation of the radiator. Lower the radiator into position and seat the radiator with the rubber isolators into the mounting holes provided.
Install the A/C filter/drier and mounting bracket onto the cooling fan module. Install the bracket mounting fasteners.
- Install the A/C condenser to the radiator.
- Unplug and connect the transaxle oil cooler lines to the radiator.
- Connect the upper and lower radiator hoses to the radiator.
- Connect the CRS overflow tank filler neck hose to the radiator.
- Reconnect the cooling fan motor electrical connector.
- Install the upper radiator crossmember.
- Install the upper radiator mounting screws and torque to 105 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- Reconnect the engine block heater electrical connector, if equipped.
- Install the CRS overflow tank mounting screw to the upper radiator crossmember. Torque the screw to 18 inch lbs. (2 Nm).
- Refill the cooling system with the proper type and amount of fluid.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Start and run the engine run until it reaches a normal operating temperature, then check the coolant level and the automatic transmission fluid level. Add fluids, if necessary.