Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear tire and wheel assemblies.
- Position a transmission jack, or equivalent, under the center of the axle raising it enough to support the axle.
Remove the bolt (3) and nut securing the track bar (2) to the axle (4).
- On each side of the vehicle, remove the lower mounting bolt and the nut securing the shock absorber to the axle.
- On each side of vehicle, remove the screw fastening the rear brake flex hose bracket to the frame rail. Allow the bracket to hang free, but do not bend it downward, overextending the flex in the brake tubing.
- Lower the jack until each coil spring (1) can be removed from the axle.
- Remove the coil springs (1), jounce bumpers (2), and lower isolators (3).
Remove the jounce bumper (2) and lower isolator (3) from the spring, as necessary.
- Install a lower isolator (3) and jounce bumper (2) on the end of the coil spring (1), as necessary.
- Place the coil spring(s) (2) between the body perch and the axle at end of the axle. Be sure to place the jounce bumper (2) end at the top.
- Raise the jack guiding the coil springs into the mounted position. Continue to raise the jack until the shock absorber lower mounting bolts can be installed through the axle brackets and shock absorber lower mounting eyes.
- At each shock absorber, install the lower mounting bolt and nut. Do not tighten at this time.
- Install the bolt (3) and nut securing the track bar (2) to the axle (4). Do not tighten at this time.
- Remove the jack from under the axle.
- On each side of vehicle, fasten the rear brake flex hose bracket to the frame rail.
- On each side of vehicle, install the tire and wheel assembly and tighten the wheel mounting nuts to 100 ft. lbs. (135 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.
- Position the vehicle on the alignment rack/drive-on lift. Raise the lift as necessary to access the rear suspension while keeping the vehicle at curb (riding) height.
- Tighten the shock absorber lower mounting bolt nuts to 55 ft. lbs. (75 Nm).
- Tighten the track bar lower mounting bolt nut to 60 ft. lbs. (81 Nm).