Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the right front wheel and tire assembly.
Disconnect the right front wheelhouse splash shield and move it aside.
- Drain the washer fluid from the reservoir and into a suitable clean container. This can be done by disconnecting the windshield washer hose from the front (outboard) washer pump port and allowing the washer fluid to drain into a container through a temporary jumper hose connected to the front washer pump port.
- Disconnect the electrical body harness connectors to the washer pump motor. Slide the red lock on the connector to the release position, then depress the black tab, and pull the connector off the pump.
Remove the pump from the reservoir by pulling the pump upper retention tab away from the reservoir cavity and then lifting the pump up from the mounting grommet.
WARNINGDo not damage the reservoir/pump sealing surface or puncture the reservoir during removal.
- Remove the pump grommet and discard.
- Assure the pump upper retention tab is pressed into the reservoir slot and that the pump is rotated flat against the reservoir and that the pump connector is facing up in the fully seated position. Assure the pump is aligned to and fully seated in the reservoir cavity.
Connect the electrical body harness connectors to the washer pump motor. Slide the red lock on the connector to the closed or locked position.
NOTEAssure that the washer hose is properly routed to prevent pinching and possible inoperative washers.
Connect the left right front wheelhouse splash shield.
- Place the splash shield in position on the vehicle.
- Install the push-pin fasteners attaching the splash shield to the frame rail forward of the suspension.
- Install the push-pin fasteners attaching the splash shield to the frame rail rearward of the suspension.
- Install the screws attaching the wheelhouse splash shield to the front fender.
- Install the right front wheel and tire assembly.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Connect the battery negative cable.
- Verify system operation.